Friday 26 December 2014

Eudaimonia


Eudaimonia: (n.) lit. "human flourishing"; a contented state of being happy, healthy and prosperous.
This is the title for this painting. I love the painting and the title. They fit perfectly. I have greatly enjoyed doing this commissioned work. It took me much longer than I had anticipated but some paintings are just like that. They cannot be rushed and I respected that. I am totally thrilled with it.
I took this picture with my phone so the colors are not quite accurate. I am still looking at buying a new camera but choosing one seems to be rather difficult. So many choices, so many reviews from the web saying this and that....it is all getting a little confusing. Anyway, I am looking into it and will have to decide one way or the other.
I had mentioned in a previous post that I had one painting still unfinished. The subject matter is quite different from all the other paintings I have done in the past. OK, I give you a little clue.....it is a close up of an insect! The painting is quite large so it could be a bit confronting for the viewer. But this is a nice bug in my humble opinion.....anyway, you will be the judge once I upload the finished painting.

Hope you had a nice Christmas break. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment