Thursday 16 April 2015

Courchevel 1850




Couple of pictures I took in Courchevel 1850 just a few days ago on the beautiful slopes of the French Alps. There were several enormous sculptures from Richard Orlinski through out the resort. (Richard Orlinski (French, b.1966) is a sculptor whose works are designed around the concept of "Born Wild©," in which the artists seeks to transform negative impulses into positive emotions). They all looked stunning, especially in this natural setting high up in the mountains.
The ski time I had was absolutely great and it was very nice catching up with friends and relatives. I had 4 wonderful weeks, did lots of skiing.....what a treat!
Now, back Down Under, back at work and ready to paint again in my spare time. I also would like to get back into painting without any pressure at all. I want to go with the flow and see what will come up.
Anyway, it feels good to be home and I am looking forward to spending time in my studio.....and paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment